Wollensak Optical Co. (Rochester, NY)

Regular Shutter - c. 1902



Notes:  In 1899, Andrew Wollensak, who had worked on the Iris Diaphragm Shutter, left Bausch & Lomb and, with his brother, John, and an investor, Stephen Rauber, founded the Rauber & Wollensak Optical Co.  When Rauber died in 1891, the name was changed to the Wollensak Optical Co.  Both the Automatic and the Regular shutters were in the 1903 Wollensak catalog.

References:
 

Back to Shutters