The Gundlach/Manhattan Companies
Field View Cameras
Manhattan Optical Co. Catalog, 1900,
Gundlach Optical Co. (c.1885-1902)
The Gundlach Optical Co. made lenses only until they acquired the Milburn Korona Co. (which had a line of view cameras) in 1896. Gundlach continued to manufacture lenses (such as the Turner-Reich Convertible Anastigmat) and cameras. They merged with the Manhattan Optical Co. which brought in a line of mainly leather-covered red bellows cameras. The company was re-named by John E. Seebold in 1928.